The school was founded in 1874 and is of brick in the traditional Victorian style,
set in grounds with delightful views of the Church and of rolling fields and woods.
We also have fine, secure and spacious play grounds. Several additions to the main
building have been made, plus we have an additional mobile classroom. We have three
classes catering for 4+ to 11 year olds.
As a Voluntary Controlled Primary School we greatly value our close links with the
local church. We feel that the school is an integral part of the village and that
it is important to maintain a high level of involvement with our local community.
The Duckling Pre-School was founded in 2001 and caters for 2 - 5 year olds. It is
located within the school grounds and has close ties with the school which makes
for a very easy transition when the time comes for the toddlers to start school proper.
Ofsted rated us as “good” with “outstanding” areas. Click on the link below